License Request Management for worldwide products (IP and Software) within corporate agreements for supplier products in the name of all decentralized corporate divisions aims at saving designer’s time thus increasing their productivity as well as controlling budget and license costs.
Directly connected to the External Supplier catalogs, license requests are controlled by managers through license request panels and the workflow of approvals is optimized across the corporation. The status of licenses requests and licenses running all over the geographical centers is displayed at the management levels and cost saving by license sharing becomes straightforward. Ordering a set of products is handled as a hierarchical set of license requests (IP and software) and follows the same workflow than basic licenses.
- At IP SoC 18 - France, D&R delivers the latest release of its Smart IP Delivery Manager - IPMS™
- At DaC 18 D&R offers Privacy and Efficiency to IP Consumers for searching, comparing and evaluating Third Party IP.
At IP SoC 17, what's new in IPMS™ ?
The 6 reasons to use IPMS™ Infrastructure as your internal IP Management System
- Design & Reuse adds advanced IP Customer Reporting Features to its IP intranet Management Provider Station (IPMS™) and delivers a next generation Audit Support Engine
- D&R announced the latest version of its "IP Procurement Manager", part of the Design & Reuse IPMS™ Enterprise platform
- D&R introduces a new version of its IP management platform (IPMS) integrating IP Packaging, IP Delivery and CRM features
- D&R delivers a comprehensive Business Process IP Management Platform
- D&R announces a next version of its Enterprise IP-SoC platform (IPMS™) expanding financial reporting features and adding automated Tear Sheet generation
- Know more about D&R Royalty Calculation Engine
D & R Enterprise IP Management System
IP based design is an approach that SoC design teams, fabless IC vendors and Electronic System designers must use due to the high levels of integration in today’s chip designs. IP used in today’s designs may have been developed internally or obtained from multiple external sources worldwide. Design teams are typically distributed worldwide, making the job of administering access to external and internal IP a major challenge for SoC and electronic product managers.
Design & Reuse ("D&R") has recognized these challenges and has responded with a solution that keeps pace with the multiple facets and ever–changing requirements of IP management. The D&R Enterprise IP Management solution (IPMS™)addresses the management of internal and external IP, from IP design to IP delivery and integration.
D&R Enterprise IP Management system (IPMS™) is a Java-based modular platform supporting an extensible and configurable set of management features that covers all facets of IP management, including publishing, client delivery , reuse for Internally developed IP, and multiple aspects of managing Externally Sourced IP such as usage tracking, revision control, license key management, contracts and finance.
Runs on any O.S ( Windows,Unix Linux..) and machine/server.
"We had been looking at different solutions to improve the IP release flow to our customers. We were immediately interested in IPMS™ as it addressed our requirements, including a web-based user interface, bug reporting capability, packaging and delivery combined solution, security, and customizable features for added flexibility. Our experience with Gabriele's team has been very positive once we started working out the implementation details. In short, we are very happy with the collaboration between SST and D&R and with the results."
- said Pascal Adam SST Product Marketing Manager - SST Licensing Division
Microchip SST won the Best IPMS™ 2018 user prize
"We use IPMS™ for many years and we first wonder how it would be possible to update accurately our partners and customers about our IP list without IPMS™. Having at any time synchronized views about what is available and delivered, together with pending bug, enhances our productivity and our customer support for years."
- said Frederic MASSON, Director of Silicon IP Operations at Dolphin Integration, who got the
best IPMS™ User Prize 2017
"Tracing hierarchical system and supporting multiple configurations at each level configurations is of high interest not only for IP based systems but for full equipment involving hardware, software and more. This platform is unique and very easy to use"
- Beny T., IP Platform Manager, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, LTD an Israeli defense company
"We have been using the D&R platform for several years as a product catalog and associated "IP shelf delivery" panels, which trace the IP releases delivered to customers. With this new release, we extend our reach by managing package deliveries. It enables to easily prepare a package of products, while independently storing the evolution of products inside the package. It is straightforward and it speeds-up our delivery process"
- Aurélie Descombes, web-marketer at Dolphin Integration
- "We launched the web site in 2016 using IMPS to deliver Trailblaze software and memory compilers and have been using it to make deliveries worldwide. IPMS offers a straightforward integrated solution from IP Release to Delivery"
- Cameron F., CEO of Mobile Semiconductor.
Next generation IP management infrastructure : what's the vision ?
The 6 reasons to use IPMS™ Infrastructure as your internal IP Management System
Best IPMS User Prize 2017 !
You integrate IPs from many sources in your products ?
A centralized Product Catalog serving the needs of Engineering, Marketing and Sales that allows you to support
- Various types of products (IP, models, software, mechanical parts...) that can be internal products or externally outsourced from several vendors.
- Specific views dedicated to class of users
- A rich set of features ranging from attribute, parametric library of units images, hyperlink , link to product directory ...
- Product hierarchy and versioning representation
- Links to life cycle product dash boards for any required features (bugs, delivery, licensing etc...)
- The product Catalog engine is the key component of the D&R product Management platform, providing support over the entire life cycle of the product in your Catalog and advanced Administration features :
- Catalog Generator based on a library of XML formats with an extensible and unlimited set of field types (parametric attributes, images, hyperlink...)
- Modifiable formatting at any time without loosing data
- Multi-view catalog for group of users
- Supports product version history with links to revision control system
- Sophisticated Access Management
- Help Desk and Quality and Maturity metrics
- Import/Export features over firewall
- Connection to life cycle dashboards or management panels covering bugs, licensing, delivery, contracting and finance
- How to promote internal IP Reuse by creating a centralized IP repository for decentralized teams using different revision control systems?
- IP Packaging and IP repository management are a part of the D&R IP Management Platform. Our IP Repository stores IPs under revision control. IP Packaging system provides bridging interfaces to designers native revision control system.
- Does the platform propose best design practices in place?
- IP Packaging interface communicates and enforces Best practices.
- To Create web product catalogs and Open a secure web space for delivering IPs to your client
- To be able to see at a glance which IP from your product catalog have been released on a particular process node, and which clients they have been delivered to...
- Bridge to your client database
- Easy to create evolving Web-based IP product catalogs
To record your delivery all you need to do is declare a new "IP Shelf Delivery Release" (shipped IP revision)
- IP Shelf Release panels
- Product (multi IPs) Shelf Release panel
- Client delivery panels
containing your management data easily accessible in the product web catalog for your sales team.